Wednesday, August 18, 2010

3.05 - A story about John Lennon's waiting list...

Hey lambs...

It's about 11:30 pm on a Wednesday night and I'm sipping the last of my Heineken and finishing up reading some comments from my Facebook page.


Today, my website past 1,400 visitors and the blog had more readers in one week that it has in a VERY long time. I'm working on absolutely nothing at the moment and it feels good.


This morning, I woke up around 11 from a text message sent by Andrew asking what I was doing for lunch. I decided to take a partial day-off as in seeing I haven't had a day off in three weeks. Crazy, Josh... just crazy, but that's how much I love you guys!


So, I looked at this Saturday and next Saturday and Saturday's into the next month and half and I'm about 90% booked along with my in-demand Mondays. I even have a waiting list in the works and it's only been ten weeks since my split with the girls at Headlines. I was told I WOULD NEVER have a waiting list!!!!


Crazy how that happens, huh?


To say the least, I'm very confident at the moment and for good reason: I've earned the right to be confident. I've removed the negativity out of my life and have installed a filter. Some would say I have trust issues at the moment (and they may be correct), but others may say that I am also moving on and embracing it and yes, I am.


Today, my rabbi wrote to me and told ME thank you. I was like, "why?"


Then, I really though... in a world where Yehuda has written books and speaks worldwide in a different venue every single week, that's such an honour that he even replies to me via Facebook and Twitter.


I posted a message on Facebook today about creating miracles and making them happen. One thing we've always been taught at The Kabbalah Centre was, "God does not create miracles- YOU do!"


It's not to downgrade or talkdown blessings or miracles from up above, but it's to say that we have the potential to create amazing, massive things in this world using our powers for good and not our powers of darkness that bring people down and cause frowns on customers and business associates and loved ones and children, but to create a "universal" happiness where we all get along... and yes, I know I sound very John Lennon right now, but the man had something...


He also removed himself from conflict in the world including the pressure of The Beatles. Yoko did not break up the group, he romoved himself... I watched the documentary! I know! (ha ha)


I think my inspiration from watching John is watching him remove himself from the world's most popular group at that time, along with Paul and realizing The Beatles' name didn't really mean anything, it was the talent behind the name...


I think about that alot lately and situations like it, like me leaving Headlines. A HUGELY well-known salon in our area, but who do you remember there? I have a slew of e-mail, texts, messages via Facebook and josh-cooley.com that say I made the experience there for those guests...


And to me... that's what matters..


That gets me out of bed EVERY morning along wiht Yehuda's words in my inbox and texts on my phone and that humbles me when I remember distinctly being told by the matriarch of Headliens... YOU'LL NEVER HAVE A WAITING LIST, YOU'LL NEVER RETAIN A GUEST, NO ONE'S EVER MADE IT, PROVE ME WRONG, BABE...


Well, babe...


Here's your waiting list...

Love John Lennon... I mean, Josh Cooley...


; )

No comments: