Tuesday, October 26, 2010

4.07 :: A story about keeping it "hush-hush"

Oh Lambs,

Where do I start?

I'm super tardy writing this blog tonight, but I have a promise that I will write again tomorrow, yes, yes, I mean it.

So, so much has happend in my life thus far that it gets harder and harder to conjure up exactly where to start! It's almost midnight and I'm sitting at Studio J Ry after a long conversation with my mum.

We've been talking alot lately about me possibly starting the plans on my own (yes, very own) studio.

The subject has been brought up more time than I can count within the last two weeks by more individuals...and then of them were me!

It's crazy to believe people have the confidence in me and I doubt myself as much as I do. The concept is something very hush-hush and very Josh. At the same time, keeping something hush-hush is hard for me... and very not-Josh.

I can tell you, however, that I do have alot of creative projects on the buffet line of my life. I have recently contacted an art gallery to start work on a possible art installation in Summer 2011. As I stay hush-hush about the theme, all I can tell you is that, I want to bring the masses the art of hair, the surrealism and the inspiration and the avante-garde side of what I do.

I think this will be the best way to flex my creative muscle. I've flexed my marketing muscle, my writing muscle with the book and the column. The books is almost done with editing. I've flexed by fashion muscle with the new column out next month and the possible re-creation of Shampoo Boy with Lastleaf Designs.

My next goal is to take my art side and express it by entering the NAHAs (North American Hairstyling Awards) and presenting an art installation. The working title of the art installation is "Flawless". Although, let's keep that hush-hush.

I recently had someone express they're wanting to become a personal fixture in my life and as I went out for an evening of cocktails and abandoned singlehood, I simply said, "this is hush-hush".

And that's when I realized, I do not want anyone.

I do not want an individual in my life to love at this point. My love is my art, is my career, is my life.

Right now, the studio, the salon, the creative projects and my clients ARE my significant other.

As I told my mum of the cool things I have in mind and the possible creation of a salon for open in 2012, I hung up and was greeted by a text message from Panda (Leon).

Yep, Panda.

The message said, "I hope you're well."

I replied, "thank you."

Minutes went by.

Another text rang in, he gave me an explanation of why he wanted to talk to me and asked where I was at. I said, at my house.

He said, "Where?"


I said, "downtown"

He said, "come over and have a glass of wine with me"

What do you think my reply was?

..................."I am flattered, my friend, but no, not tonight. I will always have a space in my heart for you. I had a genuine deep love for you and I don't know what went wrong. In fact, it was a brainfuck to me, in all honesty. I was obsessed and foolish. I'm sorry, but not tonight."

He never replied.

Well, maybe he did, but for now, all I can tell you is that we need to keep that hush-hush..

xoxo.
Josh

PS: come back tomorrow for more.

No comments: